Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Camoflauge

Since we have returned from vacation, things have slowed down here. We are able to relax and get some stuff done around the house. because I couldn't bear to take care of the garden any longer (come on Frost!), I harvested the last of the tomatoes. When faced with a big pile of green tomatoes, I hit the internet. I made green tomato cake, fried green tomatoes and now green tomato chow chow. It turned out pretty good. Don't go looking for it in your stocking because my giant bowl of veggies turned into only 3 pints of relish.


In the backyard, the girls and the neighbor girls decided to camoflauge themselves so they could try to catch a squirrel. When asked what they were going to do with said squirrel, they didn't know. I suggested that they just observe squirrels in their natural habititat. Despite their best effort, I doubt that they sat still long enough to see a squirrel.


Wow, you can barely see them.

And some great news! Evie's cast came off today. her arm is very tender and she isn't moving it much. The Dr. said that she will probably be using it by this weekend, it just takes a while for kids to get their brain wrapped around not having a cast on. I can tell you this, that skin under the cast was so gross and dirty that I could barely wash it off without throwing up. Actually, just thinking about it makes me want to barf. The prescription for that is a nice warm bath with plenty of soap tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment