Thursday, February 24, 2011

At Grandma's House

This past weekend, the girls and I loaded up and went to Grandma and Grandpa Seibert's house for the night since the girls didn't have school on President's day. We didn't want Grandpa to be alone on the Anniversary of Dale Sr.'s passing (you can start healing, now, Grandpa). While we were there, we flopped around on the couch, went swimming, and generally let Grandma take care of all of us. It wasn't all play. Grandma has been cleaning house for an upcoming garage sale and she found some of the priceless treasures that I had as a child. She found a stack of Valentine's from my first grade class and this lovely drawing. When I was 8, Happiness was a clown. don't worry, I have the original and can make copies for all of you for Christmas.
The Archbold Seiberts came over for a President's Day lunch that included a surprise birthday party for Evie! (this was the day that the ice and snow rolled in and we were stuck in Ney for the storm).

Tessa and Annalise played nicely in the kitchen.


Uncle Kevin came over with Natalie, but left with this horse.



To pass some more time (while mom was napping--it's the life at Grandma's house), Grandma took the girls to the basement beauty shop and cut their hair. They requested more inches off than I expected. I think it looks nice and it is certainly easier to take care of! Less Tangles!
Then we decided to go to Great Grandma Wagner's house to visit. While we were enjoying our lunch, we decided we needed to through Great Grandma's button tins. Annalise and Evie both found some beautiful buttons to bring home.


When I was about 4, Great Grandma taught me to sew buttons. (probably to get some piece and quiet). So with Great Grandma's buttons, I taught Annalise to sew buttons too. She is really good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment