Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winter is over

It's 60 degrees here today and I think this message Evie wrote on the driveway pretty much sums it up. So now, bust out the 1888 Bock. We survived.
Of course, several inches of ice and snow just don't disappear. They make a lake in our back yard that should dry out sometime in May.

All that melting snow means running water and the kids were totally into cleaning out the gutters to watch the water flow. Where we lived in MN, there were kids that played in the gutters every single day. We actually called one of them "Gutter Boy" because he would be out there even if no one else was. I always used to wonder what kind of mother would allow her kids to play in the gutter. Now I am that kind of mother.

Annalise is so completely happy to be outside without a coat or hat. I worry now that I have let her out once, she may be ruined until next fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment