Thursday, March 8, 2012

To keep ourselves busy in the LONG WINTER

Ok, winter hasn't been that bad.  We haven't had a single snow delay or closing.  I shoveled the driveway only once this winter and that is because I wanted to.  I didn't have to as it warmed up to 45 the next day.  But the nights are still long and there is a lot of basketball to watch.  Sometimes, when a person is yelling at the TV, they get hungry for a little popcorn.

I picked this up while in India.  From my favorite grocery across the street from the hotel.  I'm sure it might have cost me a quarter.

but look at the excitement a quarter buys!

This is the oily goop of popcorn out of the packet.  Not too appetizing.

Fortunately, it came with this sachet of Indian seasoning to spread over the oily popcorn when it was done popping.

Not easy to open.  Just use some scissors, Jim.

There goes all that red, Indian goodness over my popcorn.

It tasted pretty good, as long as you didn't breathe in while putting it in your mouth.  Then you inhaled all the chili powder and coughed like crazy.  Fun experiment.  Actually, this was all recorded because Jim got a new camera and lens and we were trying it out one evening.  These might be the highest quality popcorn pictures you will ever see.

Later, the beer wench showed up.  The boss still can't lift or move too swiftly so it was my job to move the kegs from the garage to the basement.

Into our Kegerator!  We are about 17 years too late to be cool, but the neighbors aren't complaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment