Monday, July 16, 2012

Mudathalon

Jim and I competed with my Uncle Jay and his friend, Pete, in our first Mudathalon.  It is a race that you have to run 3 miles and there are 40 obsticles to go through.  And it's muddy. We had to go over hay bales, walls, muddy streams, net ladders, rope bridges, trenches filled with mud and our favorite, a slip n slide that ended in a mud pit.  As you can see, we started out very clean.  Our team kept together by watching for our red bandanas.

We finished about an hour latter and really dirty.  The bandanas bled when they got wet and we all looked like we were bleeding.  My hair was well on its way to dreadlocks.  No major injuries.  I jammed my thumb and Jim had a big bruise on his leg.  We had a great time and are looking forward to it again next year.  I wish I could show all of you the pictures that the official photographers took because they are funny to see us tromping through the mud.  Before anything else happened, we all hosed off in the middle of the field and threw away our shoes.  Then we had a nice beer and brat and headed home.

Jim got a new camera this past winter and is collecting lenses.  Our hydragena finally bloomed for the first time in 5 years.  It was mostly pink, with a hint of blue.  Now that is hasn't rained in 6 weeks, it's mostly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment