Sunday, August 28, 2011

This one is for you, Cleveland

Yes, internet followers. We are alive. Since the first day of school, my days have been busy with keeping Annalise busy. The first week, we went to the fair, Connor Prairie and some other stuff I can't remember. The second week Evie was in school, it was my birthday. Jim was gone on a business trip in California and my mom came to visit. The third week back to school was just plain nuts with babysitting, dr. appts, meetings, presentations, and playdates at the splash park. You would think that I have tons of pictures to update this blog with, but that is not the case. I have been spending this weekend taking lots of pictures so all of you are in for a treat this week (that means you--Grandma Taller and and Aunt Jean in Cleveland). So the fourth week of back to school (the last week of Annalise being home before preschool starts) is going to be officially catch up the blog week. The Thursday following the first day of school, I took Annalise to the fair. Just me and my Shlee. She gets in free because she is under 6 and I got in free because I had a coupon from the paper. Bonus. We went before the terrible stage tragedy that took 7 lives and injuired many people. After that happened, we just didn't have it in us to return to the fair. Sadly, this was the first time in Evie's life that she missed a state fair. But anyway, all was happy and fun while we were there. And you know our little farmer. She had big plans to love on all the animals. This was a calf in the dairy barn that she loved on.
We like to support all the "producers". One of the places we had to check off our list was the dairy producers barn to get our milkshake. You can see how thick it was as Annalise collapsed the straw trying to suck it up. I just used a spoon.



And we had lunch at the fair. A Giant Corn dog. It was really greasy and I'm glad we had a big water bottle to wash it down. I was going to get my own lunch of a gyro, but there was no way I was parting with $8!


And we had a little break outside of the little farm hands exhibit. i"m sad to say that I think this may have been the last year of this as the kids are probably too old to milk the plastic cow and dig up fake veggies.

And Annalise is almost too big to ride the pedal tractors. She waited a long time for a pink one to become available for her 30 second ride. It made her happy and I was able to watch the lumberjack show while she waited.


Thank you to our favorite in state land grant university for bringing so many breeds of cows to the fair for us to pet. Someday, Annalise will be among your ranks on campus. The AG campus, that is...


A tired and happy little girl on the way home. We didn't get home until the bus came. It was a full day of fair fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment