Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catching Fire. I mean, Catching up.

Some people are starting to complain about my lack of posts.  First off, friends, I had company for a week and then was out of town for a week.  Upon my return, I was deep in the middle of the Hunger Games Trilogy, had 5 yards of mulch in the driveway, Jim was out of town AND I was in my last week of full on training for the half marathon I'm running on April 21.  Blogging was further down on my list than cooking and caring for the children.  Trust me, with the Hunger Games around for the last week, they have had to fend for themselves a lot.  Rewind back to March 18 when it was still techincally winter.  We decided to take our first bike ride of the season to the Dairy Queen.  We had to pin down Annalise to put a pony tail in her hair.  It wasn't easy.

The Taller women and our bikes.  This is the year Annalise must learn to ride a two wheeler.

When we got back, the neighbor girls were out getting ready to have a car wash in the driveway.  After their cars were clean---ish, they all decided to tackle Jim's car that badly needed a wash after weeks in the airport parking lot.

Remember, still techincally winter and we are all in the swimsuits washing the car.  Well, except for mom.  there was still basketball on at this point and I was hiding out in front of the TV.

Jim did have to step in to wash the upper portion of the car.  They had lots of fun, but lost interest when it was time to wash the grocery getter.

No comments:

Post a Comment